Zesty Spiced Trevally
1 hour, 7 minutes
- I am passionate about food, as opposed to rigid. As a result, I do everything to taste. Please combine these ingredients to suit yours.
- 1 golden trevally (or other firm–fleshed fish)
- FOR MARINADE
- Brown sugar
- Fresh orange juice
- Finely chopped garlic
- Fresh hot chilli to taste
- (go mild if you prefer)
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Zest of one orange
- Fillet and clean your fish.
- Preheat barbecue, if you’re using one.
- Cut fillets into individual portions, about the size of a small fist.
- Rub each portion liberally on all sides with brown sugar, before stacking them in a glass or plastic bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the juice of your oranges, garlic, fresh chillies and coriander leaves.
- Pour your marinade over your sugared portions and let stand for 35-40minutes. Preheat your pan, if you are cooking in one.
- Once the fish portions are marinaded for the desired length of time, cook quickly (until flesh just turns white. Remember that your portions will continue cooking after removed from the heat).
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, thinly sliced chillies and a small amount of fine orange zest.
- Serve hot.
© 2021 ©2019 River and Sea Pty trading as Fishotopia. All Rights Reserved.