- 2 Fillets of Fish (diced)
- Baby Corn
- Bak Choy (washed, separated and chopped in half)
- Snap Peas (whole with stem and string removed)
- Mushrooms (sliced)
- Spring Onion (outer skin removed, chopped into 5cm sticks)
- Chilli to taste (sliced into rounds)
- Ginger to taste (finely chopped)
- Garlic to taste (finely chopped)
- Coriander to taste (coarsely chopped)
- Oyster Sauce
- Basmati Rice
- Mix chopped fish with garlic, ginger and chilli in a bowl. Set aside to infuse.
- Chop your vegetables, with consideration given to the room you have in your steamer.
- Line two sections of a bamboo steamer with baking paper.
- Evenly fill one section of your steamer with your infused fish.
- Place your vegetables in the other section, neatly.
- Pour water into a wok, so that the bottom has about 4cm coverage and place wok over medium heat.
- Stack your steamer in the wok (fish on the bottom layer, vegetables on top) and cover.
- Start your rice, following the packet instructions for the absorption method. Set aside, once ready.
- Check your fish. You need to steam until fish is just cooked (time varies. Check after about ten minutes, and then every few minutes). Try to catch it as the fish first turns opaque.
- Remove from wok as soon as you think the fish is done.
- Drizzle fish with Oyster Sauce. Don't go too heavy... you want a subtle balance between the sauce and the ginger.
- Serve on a bed of rice with your vegetables.
- Garnish generously with fresh coriander.
© 2021 ©2019 River and Sea Pty trading as Fishotopia. All Rights Reserved.