Chunky Smoked Australian Salmon Spread
- 6 home-smoked Australian salmon fillets
- 250g Philadelphia cream cheese block
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 spanish onion
- 1 lemon or 2 limes
- chilli to taste
- cracked black pepper to taste
- alfalfa sprouts
- Take Philadelphia cheese out of the fridge and allow to soften.
- Separate the flesh from the skin of the smoked salmon (pets love the skin) and take care to remove all bones.
- Place deboned meet into a large bowl.
- Juice your lemon or limes.
- Pour the juice into the bowl with your salmon.
- Crush the garlic.
- Finely dice all remaining fresh ingredients.
- Add your fresh ingredients to your salmon bowl.
- Unwrap the soften Philadelphia cheese and mix with all ingredients until you have a sticky, well-combined consistency.
- If your mix is too dry, add more juice or a splash of your favourite oil (sesame is lovely).
- Transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate until needed. This recipe improves with age and will keep well, due to the meat being smoked. Serve as a dip or a topper for a steak. Try it on toast or in a wrap with salad. Serving suggestion shown below: Toasted sweet potato round with chunky smoked Australian salmon spread, topped with a soft coddled egg — a decadent and delicious way to start the day!
© 2021 ©2019 River and Sea Pty trading as Fishotopia. All Rights Reserved.