hook & cook
FISH & ASPARAGUS IN SAGE INFUSED BUTTER
Yield 2 – 3
Filleted, skinned and boned portions of white-fleshed fish such as flathead, whiting, snapper or barramundi
Fresh asparagus spears
Sage (ideally fresh, but substitute dried if necessary)
Generous knob of salted butter
1. Melt butter with chopped sage leaves, shredded gingers, crushed garlic and chopped shallot in a thick-bottomed pan.
2. Add lower halves of asparagus stems and fish pieces to pan.
3. Turn fish pieces after two minutes or so and add the asparagus tips. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle liberally with lemon juice.
4. Cook for another minute or two, then cover and remove from heat. Allow to stand and steam for another three or four minutes.
5. Plate up, beginning with a layer of cooked asparagus lower stems. Place fish pieces on top then arrange several asparagus spears on top. Drizzle with pan juices and serve.